WHAT DO WE OFFER
GARAGE DOOR OPENER INSTALLATION
If your garage door opener is from the days when The Beatles first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show, then it’s probably the time to think seriously about changing it.
Here are some good reasons that will show you that it’s time to move on and accept the idea that it needs to be changed. Basically, it comes down to how safe your garage door system is as well as being able to take advantage of new technologies that will simplify your life.
Whether you have a residential or commercial garage door opener needing to be replaced, we have reliable services and experience to bring you high quality service at affordable price. If you’re garage door opener breaks down in the middle of the night, don’t worry, we are available to meet all of your garage door opener replacement needs. We are serving the local area, providing top-notch garage door opener replacement. We stand by our quality of work and customer service, so your experience is pleasant and hassle free. While with us you can be confident that your garage door is reliable and working smoothly. If your opener fails and quits working, give us a call today (716) 608-0053.
What would you say is the main entry point to your house if you have an attached garage? For most homeowners, it’s the… garage! All of you who park their car there, leave for work in the morning and come back in the evening; those who use it as a workshop or to access lawn and garden accessories, as well as the kids when they run off to school then return in the afternoon… together that makes more than 70% of people, quite a lot, right?
So, taking that into consideration, it becomes very important for your door opener to be safe and not liable to hit or injure anyone and be secure at the same time. Did you know that before 1993 door openers had only one automatic reversal system, the one we call “mechanical”. In this system, when the door is lowering, if it comes in contact with an object or person, that pressure will cause it to immediately reverse direction.
As not all people were overly diligent about verifying the proper functioning of their garage door along with the numerous accidents involving children, U.S. and Canadian authorities added a second safety system, this one using photo eyes. This system consists of 2 units placed on each side of the door, about 4 to 6 in. (10 to 15 cm) from the ground with one sending a beam of light to the other. If anything breaks this beam, the door automatically goes back up.
Are you confident that your door opener is equipped with these 2 automatic reversal systems and that they are working properly, thus ensuring your safety and that of your family? If not, give us a call and we will ensure that the safety of your family comes before anything.
If you programmed the remote for your door opener using DIP switches set in either a +, 0, or – position, it is very likely that the signal can be received by ill‑intentioned people who will then go ahead and burglarize your home in your absence.
Since 1993, most door openers have used the much more advanced technology of rolling codes. This means that each time you press on the remote, a completely new code is generated for the subsequent use. In 1993, Chamberlain Group (including the brands Chamberlain, LiftMaster and Craftsman) started equipping its remotes with the Security+ system which allowed for many millions of codes. This was followed by its Security+ 2.0 system in 1996 offering more than 1 billion possible codes. Our professionals ensure that your garage door opener is equipped with the modern technology that allows an added layer of security for your home.
If your door opener operates with a chain drive, like that on a bicycle, or a system made up of a chain attached to a steel cable, you’ve found where those garage noises are coming from. Today, there are door openers that use rubber belts which are reinforced with metal fibers similar to the way car tires are made and that are proven to be much quieter.
To reduce the noise even further, you can choose to replace your metal rollers with white or black nylon rollers. In addition, there is even a vibration isolator system which uses rubber placed between the opener motor and the metal brackets holding it to the ceiling to further quiet operation. We at 716 Garage Door Repair puts your peace and calm in your home, above all.
We have now reached the point where we can use our smartphones, tablets or laptops to open and close our garage doors from anywhere. Chamberlain Group (LiftMaster and Craftsman) have offered the technology MyQ since 2013.
With the latest MyQ technology and Wi-Fi-accessible garage door openers, you now have the convenience and added peace of mind to securely monitor or operate your garage door from anywhere in the world by using your smartphone. Many new garage door opener devices are manufactured with these capabilities already built in, but can you benefit from this security technology if your device doesn’t already have these features?
Fortunately, for most garage door openers manufactured after 1993, there are accessories you can install yourself easily to retrofit your garage door opener for Wi-Fi and MyQ technology. This solution is ideal for newer openers that still operate reliably and efficiently, but just lack the technology — and many of these accessories will be compatible with your device. However, for older devices — especially those older than 10 years — replacing your garage door opener to a more effective and dependable device already equipped with MyQ and Wi-Fi may be a more suitable solution.
What’s more, since August 2017, new garage door openers have come with Wi‑Fi technology, meaning you can use your voice to open and close the garage door. We’ve certainly come a long way, haven’t we!
Our company knows garage doors and door openers inside out! Our representatives will advise you and explain the best choice to make based on your requirements, whatever they may be. If you wish, they can easily email you a quotation. We are aware that your garage can be a critical component of your home. It serves a number of purposes; from a place where you can store your cars, a place where you perform your own home repairs, or even a place where you practice for your band. As such a valuable asset, it shouldn’t be such a pain to get inside! At 716 Garage Door Repair, we have seen all too often how difficult it can be to open some garages.
- Screw Drive Openers: Screw-drive systems mean that a trolley rides on a threaded steel rod as a motor rotates the rod. It is the noisiest of opening a garage door. Due to the lack of parts these openers are generally maintenance-free and consist of a steel screw which engages directly with the motor in the opener.
- Belt Drive Openers: Belt-drive openers use a rubber belt rather than a chain, which make them quiet in operation. They are smooth motion alternative to chain-drive. These openers have become very popular for their smooth, quiet operation. These are also durable and tend to have a long lifespan.
- Chain Drive Openers: Chain-drive openers have a chain that connects the trolley to the motor. These systems are loud and clunky due to the metal-to-metal contact and vibration, but they are the least expensive form of garage door operating system available. These openers are the work-horses of garage doors. They are a balance of value and performance, being economical, reliable, and available in several different model types.
- Jackshaft-Drive Opener: Jackshaft openers are installed on the side of the door. They use a 24v DC motor that drives pulleys and cables that turn the torsion bar and raise the door. They work for large doors and keep the ceiling free for overhead storage, and they are well-suited to garages with high or low ceilings. However, they are more expensive than most other types of openers.
- Direct-Drive Opener: Direct-drive units are the quietest of all garage door openers. They feature a stationary chain in a sturdy steel rail and have only one moving part located in the traveling motor carriage. Direct-drive garage door openers come with lifetime warranties, and they are similar in cost to belt-drive units